Saturday, February 21, 2009

Built To Spill - Keep It Like A Secret

I don't know if anyone else remembers, but HBO used to have a weekly show called "reverb". It showcased live music from alot of bands that were around at the time. One of my favorite episodes, that I can remember, was Pavement & Built To Spill (another great one was Björk Sigur Rós). It successfully got me into two of my favorite bands. I guess this album has always had a special place in my heart because it was the first I heard by them. The reverb episode featured mostly songs from this album if I remember correctly. Overall, its a great indie rock album by one of the great indie bands. For fans of good 90's indie music. And though I HATE to say this, some people have made comparisons between them and Modest Mouse. So I guess if you like Modest Mouse (their old stuff preferably) check it out? But I have to say...
Built to Spill > Modest Mouse

-matthew st.

Buy it from a independent record store if you like it

2 comments:

  1. Abbbsolutley not. Modest Mouse is way more innovative and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. built to spill > modest mouse

    ReplyDelete