Saturday, February 28, 2009

Oh, Canada (Part 4): North Of America

Just a quick personal letter to the readers of this blog. 
I don't really know why the other guys on here aren't posting anymore. I personally don't really find it all that hard to think "oh, I really like this album/band. I'm going to post about it tonight." Maybe I just have too much drive when it comes to writing about shit very few people care about. oh well. Until the other guys make some sort of effort to write for this on a more consistent basis, I think this is going to be my last post for awhile...

Having said that, I decided to go right for the golden ring with this post. North Of America is probably my favorite of all the Canadian bands I planned on covering in this "ongoing" series. And since this could very well be my last post for awhile, I figured, go out with a bang. North Of America went from originally sounding like Pavement and Polvo had a love child, to getting heavier and more technical. Eventually getting to a point where they sounded fairly similar to singer/guitarist Michael Catano's other band, The Plan. They broke up in 2003. But have reunited numerous times. In 05 they got back together to do a Canadian tour with Ted Leo. And they just recently played a couple shows at the end of this past December which marked their 10th anniversary as a band. I fucking hate myself for missing those shows because now I'll probably have to wait for some other anniversary or special occasion to see them. They will always have a special place in my heart. Fans of blah, blah and blah should definitely listen to them.

-matthew st.

their stuff I have in chronological order...

Buy them from a independent record store if you like them
Or you can get them all from Rewika Records Online.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting this. i listened to north of america all of the time a couple of years back, but somehow lost all of it.

    ReplyDelete