Monday, January 19, 2009


As a first pick I would have to say everyone should listen to Husker Du's "New Day Rising" record. Its been in my top 5 all time favorites since I was 15 years old. It was the follow up to Zen Arcade and I think their best record. The major reason everyone should listen to this at least once is it offers a little of everything. Its a rock album employing a lot of punk influence. Its really lo-fi and dirty but at the same time everything is right out in the open and easy to understand (aside from the vocals at times).

Specific tracks to spend a little extra time with would have to be...
-Girl Who Lives on Heaven Hill
-I Apologize
-Whatcha Drinkin'
-Celebrated Summer

Sample it here but buy it from a local record store.

-Justin

2 comments:

  1. I'm a flip your wig man m'self. "Divide & Conquer" and "Hate Paper Doll"......fuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really a tough call with Husker Du. I was torn between that and warehouse (just because of the whole concept album thing). I picked new day rising just because of the production and how its easy to see where the band was going. The other records are for more seasoned folks. Keep reading though, you'll probably see some things you like over the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete