Friday, January 23, 2009

Into It Over It




Taken from the website:

"My name is Evan Thomas Weiss.

On Thursday September 27th 2007 I turn 23 years old. I've noticed that my last few years have gone by rather quickly. To combat (or encourage..?) this movement in my life, I will be writing and recording one song for every week of my 23rd year. That's roughly 52 songs.

This page is where you can find them. New songs will be uploaded complete with lyrics (and sometimes additional content) every Thursday. Feel free to right click and download as much as you want (or is available). Pass this link along to your friends and help spread the word. Share the songs with whomever you want. Put them on mixtapes for people you care about. Just don't steal them. Everything is copyrighted.

I haven't decided if I'll actually play any shows, but if you're curious you can send me an e-mail or contact me via Myspace. All of the contact information is below. While this is mainly a project to keep myself motivated, I hope you enjoy it and check back weekly as I document my life for a full year.

thanks + xxoo

Evan Thomas"


This fella played in The Progress and now plays in Damiera.
These songs are alarmingly fresh, considering the conditions under which they were produced.
Some of them sound like, well, The Progress (which is a great thing).
Others are more sparse, acoustic tracks.
Weiss' conversational tone in his lyrics complements the music perfectly.
Usually I'm not a lyrics guy, but in this case, I was compelled to seek them out.

I have all 52 tracks on my computer.
For now I'm just going to link the website, and if any of you readers want all 52 tracks in a convenient .rar file, e-mail listentothisonce@gmail.com or leave a comment.

Into It Over It
myspace

- Peter "Color Me Badd" Bermel

Bonus Recommendation: Nas - Make The World Go Round

1 comment: